eKentucky Advanced Manufacturing Institute
CNC Machinist Now: An Accelerated Program in Eastern KY
CNC Machinist Now is a 16-Week accelerated training program geared toward taking our out-of-work east Kentucky Coal Miners into new manufacturing jobs. College credit is not awarded for this program, rather it is designed as an accelerated program of study around industry recognized credentials based on skills needed for a career in CNC Machining and Manufacturing.
Haas Technical Education Network
An industry & education led initiative that enables manufacturing technology educators and their schools to acquire the latest CNC machine tools and related CNC ancillary equipment, software and educational materials. The East Kentucky Advanced Manufacturing Institute is the latest HTEC program and will provide students with a relevant high tech and hands-on educational experience. The first students will be former coal industry workers transitioning to new industry. The program will graduate work-ready CNC machinists, programmers & engineers for today’s industrial employers as well the manufacturing challenges of the future. HTEC Members can tap into a network of over 1700 institutes as well as nearly 100 CNC Technology Partners, who are pledged to support CNC Education.
National Institute for Metalworking Skills (NIMS)
The HTEC program is certified by the National Institute for Metalworking Skills (NIMS). NIMS operates under rigorous and highly disciplined processes as the only developer of American National Standards for the nations metalworking industry.
(Required for successful completion of course.)
- NIMS Measurement, Materials & Safety
- NIMS Job Planning, Benchwork & Layout
- NIMS CNC Mill Operator
- NIMS CNC Lathe Operator
- NIMS Milling: Programming, Setup and Operations Level 1
- NIMS Turning: Programming, Setup and Operations Level 1
(Optional but NOT required to complete course.)
- NIMS Manual Drilling Level 1
- NIMS Manual Milling Level 1
- NIMS Surface Grinding Level 1
- NIMS Manual Turning: Chucking Level 1
- NIMS Milling: Programming, Setup and Operations Level 2
- NIMS Turning: Programming, Setup and Operations Level 2
- Mastercam Mill Design and Toolpaths