One East Kentucky Seeks Existing Industry Liaison/Coordinator
AVAILABLE STAFF POSITION
Position: Existing Industry Liaison/Coordinator
Employment Status: Full Time
Reports To: President & CEO
Purpose The purpose of One East Kentucky is to promote the economic development of east Kentucky’s Coal Fields region. Our work is focused in the following areas: Industrial Recruitment and Retention, Capacity Building, and Strategy Development. The goal of our organization is to increase employment and private investment for the region through the growth of new and existing industries.
Summary: The Existing Industry Liaison/Coordinator under supervision of the President/CEO as well as the Project Manager, shall work to implement the Business Retention and Expansion strategy of the organization in conjunction with community and organizational partners across the territory toward tangible results including job creation and new private investment. This is a grant-funded position through October 1st, 2023.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate strategic implementation of BR&E program across territory in conjunction with organizational partners, including but not limited to: Local Economic Developers, Local Chambers of Commerce, EKCEP, AEP KY Power, SOAR Innovation Champions, Educational Institutions, etc.
- Provide support for existing business retention and expansion program including setting meetings, attending industry meetings, sending follow-up correspondence, assisting Project Manager and President/CEO with incentive applications, implementing regional standardized BR&E meeting forms, updating CRM.
- Provide support for business attraction activities when they require meetings with existing industries for supply chain, collaboration, or support activities.
- Research emerging needs, trends, services and demographic information pertaining to existing industry, small business, retail trade, tourism, or other community-based sectors.
- Work in conjunction with organizational partners to develop events and activities in the four primary BR&E Programs: Visitation, Education, Communication, and Special Events (such as innovative reverse trade shows, federal contracting seminars, bid profiles, etc.) which assist in helping existing business increase revenue sources.
- Support marketing efforts, update information on website, ensure external websites are accurate, update marketing materials and as needed, post to social media.
- Assist in organizing any events that may be hosted by One East Kentucky.
- Provide administrative support for fund raising activities including assembling proposals, setting meetings and sending follow-up correspondence
- Other duties as may be assigned
Competencies, Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree or proven equivalent experience
- 2+ years’ experience in business to business communication and in-person meetings
- Economic development experience preferred
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, CRM or database, email, web browsing and research
- Excellent oral and written communication and have the ability to deal professionally with business leaders in the community
- Knowledge of basic marketing through email, social media and website
- Knowledge of local community, businesses, and demographics
- Driver’s license, vehicle and insurance
- Must be self-motivated and have the ability to work towards set goals in a fast-paced, high-expectation environment
- Availability and willingness to work flexible hours, sometimes early mornings, nights and weekends will be required
Physical Demands and Working Conditions: Ability to operate a computer and keyboard, ability to operate a vehicle, may require reaching, lifting, standing, walking and sitting. Position is in an office setting. Local travel and some out-of-town travel will be required.
Certified Drug-Free Workplace: One East Kentucky is a drug-free workplace and the unlawful manufacture, distribution, dispensing, possession or use of a controlled substance is prohibited in the workplace or while performing work functions. Any violation of this policy will result in immediate termination.
Equal Opportunity: One East Kentucky is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Salary/Benefits: The starting salary for this position will range from $40,000 - $47,500 annually. Benefits including, health, dental & vision as well as ability to participate in 401k also available along with potential for bonus compensation.
TO APPLY: If you are interested in this position, please send a resume and any associated materials via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.